We are a family who enjoys livin' on the edge!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Under the Sea with ME!

I wanted to make the most out of this summer with Merritt so I decided to take a cue from several teacher mommies and plan animal units. We recently did a 2 week unit on Ocean Animals and Merritt had so much fun learning all the names of the animals that live under the sea. We did a lot of different crafts - glittering the the animals and then putting them on the wall, everyday we would play I Spy. Merritt also had her played with Plah-Doh for the first time. I also got her ocean animal rubber animals to play with in her pool. We also have continued to practice her colors and she knows them so well now! I brought home a ton of ocean-themed books home from my classroom {and I am not sure I will be able to get them back!}.

2 comments:

  1. So fun! I am glad you are blogging now. It is somewhat addicting! You are welcome to borrow the books/activities I have already used with Leah...ducks, frogs, butterflies, ocean, dinos, etc. If you come over on Thursday remind me and I can show them to you if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jennie, you are super mom! How fun :o)

    ReplyDelete