We are a family who enjoys livin' on the edge!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Ode to Pinterest

Oh how I love thee... Here is a pic of the little people's fun room. I am super excited about how it has turned out so far! We spend the majority of our time in this room, so it was a priority since moving in last October. I found the rug in December at Target and it was the perfect combination of learning and colors. It was really hard for me when deciding on a theme not to go animal print, aqua, and hot pink since we have the little man and I didn't figure he would appreciate it as much as his sister and I would. Our playroom has been inspired by these Pinterest pins:
The chicken wire frames are from lemonademakinmama.com I used frames I found at Goodwill for $4 a piece, took out the pictures and glass and added sheep wire I got from a friend. The sheep wire actually worked out better for our room because the holes are squares that match the rug.
The R E A D letters were from http://3.bp.blogspot.com/
I bought my letters from Hobby Lobby and modge podged scrapbook paper to have them match our room colors.
The shelves from Ikea were ideas from dplusmeblog.com They are the perfect height for Merritt and I put books based on the theme from Mommy School, an upcoming holiday, or what she is working on at school.
And lastly, our magnets now make their home on this oil drip pan and NOT on our refrigerator! Yay! The drip pan was found at Wal-Mart for $10. I wanted to add my cutie to the post so I put her instead of the inspiration photo. You can find the pic on nicandkate09.blogspot.com
Again thank you pinterest! Not sure how I did anything before your existence!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I am going to have to see about getting one of those magnet boards.

    ReplyDelete