We are a family who enjoys livin' on the edge!

Friday, October 7, 2011

Sweet 'Pumpkin' Farm

Today we drove out to Marble Falls to visit Sweet Berry Farm with some friends. On the way out there I was admiring the scenery {and watching out for police because my registration is WAY over due and I already received a warning, so I can't pull the "I didn't know... I can't see through the blue backing" while making my sad face}. Anyways, besides being on high alert, I was thinking about how I am going back to work next Wednesday {insert sad face}. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE teaching; I just want a little bit more time with Ross. I was excited to spend the day with my own babies before I go take care of my school babies. Speaking of the little edge, here he is with big sister with the pumpkins. Don't let that face fool you - he was trilled to be on the ground, propped up on the pumpkins!
We met up with our TOT friends and their mommies {and a grandma too}. Ayden was quit the ladies man with his blondes :) The three friends were on their way over to pick a pumpkin to paint and decided it would be safer to hold hands - much to the delight of the paparazzi {ie. the mommies}.
Here are Ayden, Taylor, and Merritt being pulled in the wagon to go for a hayride and cut flowers. Ayden was so sweet to share his ride with the blondes! I definitely need one of these {putting it on my Christmas list!}.
The hayride was fun and it was nice to sit down after the long walk across the street. The hayride took us through some 'interesting' pumpkin people scenes. The first one being a saloon where 'pumpkin shine' was being served. We were on the the hayride with students from an Austin elementary school and it seemed all of them asked at the same time; "What is a saloon?" Good luck explaining that one, is what all of us were thinking about their teacher. Other favorite pumpkin scenes included the 'Deer Hunter' {deer holding a rifle towards a pumpkin person}, 'Pumpkin Night Time' {for some reason there were skunks apart of this one}, and 'Pumpkin Wedding' {2 pumpkin couples getting hitched - in 1 of the couples, the man was climbing in the tree to get away from his bride}. Well worth the $3.50 for each of us.
To end our pumpkin visit, we cut flowers. The flowers were BEA-U-TI-FUL! I could have spent the whole afternoon watching Merritt cut flowers. Although next time I will take better, sharper scissors to help with the cuttings. Funny story about the flowers, as we were walking up there was a couple with a cup FULL of flowers and we remarked that they might be opening up their own flower shop... they were definitely getting their money's worth!
Can't wait for the spring when we will go back for Strawberry Pickin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment