We are a family who enjoys livin' on the edge!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Friends Forever!

A few weeks ago Katie, Danita, and I took the girls to Kiddie Acres. On Wednesdays, tickets are half price so ten tickets for all the rides. Here are Merritt and Leah showing off their tickets! The only question was which ride to go on first.... If you know Merritt,you know her first choice was the Merry-Go-Round and Leah and Quinn were happy to ride too.
While on the Merry-Go-Round, the girls spotted the airplanes. On all of the past trips to Kiddie Acres, Merritt has never been interested in the plane ride, but on this trip Merritt really surprised me. She was so much more independent, brave, wanting to walk with her friends instead of holding my hand... Then it hit me.... she is truly growing up....
I can just picture it now, this is the memory of the girls sitting in a motorized boat in oversized pool and then I fast forward 13 years and I picture these same friends cruising in a convertible on their way to the mall or movies or Spring Break vacation....
{Ok, I have to stop thinking like that!}
The girls rode on the Ferris Wheel together, when it stopped at the top {to let on other kiddos} we could hear them laughing and chatting and all of us moms waiting down below, stopped and looked at each other wondering the thought outloud, "I wonder what they are talking about?"
Here is my 'little girl' with an older man that reached over the fence and picked her up to lead her on her first pony ride. Maybe it is the hormones from the pregnancy or the fact that she won't be my 'baby' anymore, but as I began to think about Merritt growing up, I get teary-eyed and that in the blink of an eye she'll be in school, a teenager, off to college, bringing home the person she'll marry.
Now I have to go give my sweet girl a kiss good-night... and tell her not to grow up too fast.

1 comment:

  1. I love these pics. That day was priceless. They were all so happy together.

    ReplyDelete