We are a family who enjoys livin' on the edge!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Merritt Island, Florida

Being an avid House Hunters watcher, I see lots of couples choose their dream houses. One night, pretty soon after giving birth to my sweet Merritt, I watched a couple choose between 3 houses on Merritt Island. I always thought it would be cool to go visit and to take Merritt to see her name everywhere!
Merritt Island was about a 45 minute drive from where we were staying so we drove down to see the island with the most beautiful name!
We stopped every time we saw Merritt's name - I am pretty sure there were many calls to the local sheriff's office to report our crazy driving, sudden stops, and quick U-turns. Home of the Merritt Island Mustangs! My mom mailed a package from the Merritt Island Post Office with all the things she wasn't able to pack in her suitcase. This way to paradise!
While touring the island we found out that Merritt Island is the location of the Johnson Space Center where the shuttles take off!

1 comment: