We are a family who enjoys livin' on the edge!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Into Extra Innings

I knew I had it easy with Merritt... 5 pounds 15 ounces, 2 pushes, and she arrived. The doctors had been predicting Ross would be in the 8-9 pound range. With only 2 days until 42 weeks, I began to wrap my head around the idea that Ross took his time growing... he would probably also take his time making his appearance!
We had a long day that was eased by the wonderfulness that is epidural. Around 8 pm, the doctor came to check on me and explained that a C-section might be in my future. I said no, under no circumstances did I want a C-section. They gave me another dose of epidural, told me to reconsider, and told me they would be back in an hour. I took a nap. When doctor and nurses came back everything was fine and I was ready to push.
Ross was born a little after 10 pm, weighing in at 8 pounds, 11 ounces. We are so thankful we have a handsome, healthy boy!
After his bath, the nurses gave him a mohawk - maybe he will become a RockStar intead of an All-Star!

No comments:

Post a Comment